Specialised, expert professional workplace investigations across all industries.
We make workplace investigations easy for you
At BRPM Projects, our seasoned professional investigators have over 20 years of specialist experience in investigations in the workplace, across all sectors — including for Government, legal, resources, mining, corporate and private sector organisations.
We also specialise in Government investigations and corporate investigations.
Our professional, ethical and client-centric investigators are fully qualified and licenced, with a strong reputation for being the best. We focus on conducting high-quality investigatory services and supporting services that make the process easy for you, so you can focus on your core business.
Engaging BRPM Projects for your investigation has many benefits:
BRPM Projects is based in Brisbane and can help you with your workplace investigations right across Queensland.
Why an investigation?
About workplace investigations
A workplace investigation should commence in instances where less formal interventions such as management enquiries, management action, alternative dispute resolution, or use of positive performance management strategies are deemed not appropriate or have previously been unsuccessful in the circumstances, to deal with and resolve the substance of a grievance or allegation or concern relating to an employee’s work performance or personal workplace conduct.
There will be some matters where investigations in the workplace are warranted. Such as, for matters that are deemed suitable or likely to proceed to formal disciplinary consideration for instance, misconduct in the workplace.
Book a free consultation today to talk to one of our experts about your matter and get advice on our recommendations, as well as how we can assist.
Our exploratory process is
Well-managed and effective
A workplace investigation, whether internal or external, is not a disciplinary step, rather it is a separate exploratory process that could see a matter, if proven, progress into a formal disciplinary process.
In such instances, it is critical that the investigation be well managed, ensuring it is conducted in an appropriate, fair, timely and effective manner that is proportionate to the allegations or concerns. This means the conduct of an investigation should ensure that it is fit for purpose.
Engaging with BRPM Projects ensures a well-managed and effective process from start to finish. We can provide guidance and support services, or manage and conduct the entire workplace investigation from start to finish.
Book a free consultation today to talk to an investigations expert about your matter and learn how we can assist.
BRPM Projects are the Trusted Professionals
What investigations we conduct
At BRPM Projects we are your trusted professionals when it comes to Government investigations, corporate investigations, and workplace investigations, into employee:
Book your free consultation today to talk to one of our seasoned investigators about your matter.
The benefits of independent workplace investigations with BRPM Projects
Independent workplace investigations conducted by BRPM Projects have many benefits. These include:
A complete process
Thorough and factual investigations
We ensure that each investigation is thorough, and its findings are a balanced and true representation of the facts; and that decisions are based on compelling or logically probative evidence. This ensures that the investigation report and its findings could withstand independent review.
At the conclusion of the investigation process, BRPM Projects will provide you with a report that clearly sets out your next course of action.
Licenced and qualified workplace investigation specialists
Fully compliant and ethical investigations
At BRPM Projects our professional team can take care of your workplace investigation, wherever you are in Brisbane and across Queensland.
As fully qualified, licenced and experienced professionals, all our workplace investigations are conducted with the utmost level of professionalism and, more importantly, in compliance with legal and ethical guidelines.
Working with BRPM Projects
The investigation process
Free initial consultation and planning
We’ll hold an initial consultation with you to discuss the details and scope of the investigation.
Our experts will then conduct preliminary pre-investigation prep work and complete the investigation plan/risk assessment, and interview plans
Investigation & Interviews (on-site or remote)
One of our investigators will attend on-site, to conduct a thorough investigation and interview process (evidence gathering phase), or conduct these remotely online, depending on your preference.
Analysis and reporting
At the end of the evidence gathering phase, the investigator will analyse and weigh the evidence to make factual findings based on ‘logically probative evidence’ and will provide a report outlining their findings and recommendations following the investigation, and can talk you through the details if you’d like further clarification.
Workplace investigations FAQ
Have questions about our workplace investigations? Here are answers to some frequently asked questions. If you still have questions, please don’t hesitate to book a free consultation to discuss your matter, or call us for a confidential discussion.
Our workplace investigation process, for any workplace matter requiring an investigation, involves a similar process. This includes a free initial consultation, pre-investigation planning, conducting on-site or remote interviews and evidence gathering, and analysis of the evidence. The final stage involves the provision of a report with findings and recommendations. We treat each matter confidentially, with discretion and professionalism.
In Australia, workplace sexual harassment investigations typically involve the following steps:
- Reporting the incident: The alleged victim or witness reports the incident or inappropriate behaviour to their employer or relevant authority.
- Initial assessment: The employer, an external investigator with the appropriate expertise and credentials, or the relevant authority, will assess the complaint. They may also provide support to the alleged victim.
- Investigation: The employer, workplace sexual harassment investigator, or authority investigates the complaint. They will identify and then interview, the victim, witnesses, and alleged perpetrator and collect evidence to determine if sexual harassment occurred.
- Findings: The employer, an external investigator, or authority provides a written report of the investigation’s evidence, conclusions, and recommendations. This report will explain the findings of the investigation and future recommendations, in relation to the matter investigated.
- Action: If the report and investigation indicate that sexual harassment occurred, the employer or authority takes action to address the issue. This may include disciplinary action against the perpetrator, support for the victim, and changes to workplace policies and procedures to prevent further incidents of sexual harassment.
It’s important to note that the exact process for workplace sexual harassment investigations may vary depending on the organisation, industry, and state or territory in which the incident occurred, as well as what the exact allegations were.
In Australia, workplace investigations into workplace bullying typically involve the following steps:
- Reporting: The person filing the complaint, or a witness, reports the incident to their employer or relevant authority.
- Initial assessment: The employer, a representative of the business, an external investigator, or an authority then assesses the complaint. Employers may also provide support to the alleged victim while they investigate complaints.
- Investigation: The employer, external investigator, or authority investigates the complaint and allegations, interviewing the victim, witnesses, and alleged perpetrator to determine if workplace bullying occurred. In some circumstances, those being interviewed may opt for a support person to be present.
- Findings: The employer, an external investigator, or authority provides a written report of the investigation’s evidence, conclusions, and recommendations, in relation to the allegations.
- Action: If workplace bullying occurred, the employer or authority takes action, such as disciplinary action, victim support, discussions and mediation with the people involved, workplace training on appropriate conduct, and policy changes.
It’s important to note that the exact process for workplace bullying investigations may vary depending on the organisation, industry, and state or territory in which the incident occurred.
At BRPM Projects, we specialise in every area of workplace investigations. This includes Code of Conduct, Policy and Procedure breaches, employee complaints, employer complaints, conflicts of interest, serious complaint investigations, workplace dispute investigations, and workplace misconduct investigations into allegations of sexual harassment, workplace bullying and harrassment, workplace discrimination, and more.
Yes, we do recommend that employers and individuals seek independent legal advice, in most cases.
Get complete workplace investigation management from start to finish
Outsource your workplace investigation to the experts at BRPM Projects and enjoy peace of mind while you get back to focusing on your core business. Book your free consultation to learn more about how we can assist.